Abilities Plus offers services for children through our Parents as Teachers program.
Parents as Teachers, is a program that takes a holistic approach to strengthening families. Through our evidence-based early childhood home visiting model, we provide services to pregnant women and families with children from birth through age 3. Main goals include:
- Prevent child abuse and neglect.
- Increase parent knowledge of early childhood development.
- Improve parenting practices, increasing children's school readiness and success.
- Provide early detection of developmental delays and health issues.
- Implement home visiting programs that improve the health and well-being of families with young children.
Our mission at Abilities Plus Parents as Teachers program is "to collaborate with existing early childhood providers and school districts to educate and train families of Illinois' children to be more actively involved with the successful development of their children."
If you would like more information about this program, visit our Contact Us page for the Director of Community Support's contact information.