Abilities Plus offers services for children through our Parents as Teachers program.
Parents as Teachers, is a program that takes a holistic approach to strengthening families. Through our evidence-based early childhood home visiting model, we provide services to pregnant women and families with children from birth through age 3. Main goals include:
- Prevent child abuse and neglect.
- Increase parent knowledge of early childhood development.
- Improve parenting practices, increasing children's school readiness and success.
- Provide early detection of developmental delays and health issues.
- Implement home visiting programs that improve the health and well-being of families with young children.
If you would like more information about this program, visit our Contact Us page for the Director of Community Support's contact information.